I’m not as worldly as I would like to be and I’m not a Vegan, but let’s explore together with Vegan and Vegetarian recipes from around the world.
Only fair to start in the US where I live, Scotland you’ll be next, but vegan and healthy Scottish food, mmmmmm, may need to think on that one for a while! Actually not really – the land of Scots Oats, WE CAN DO THIS!
This recipe is from the Isha USA website and I am addicted! link to Isha USA recipe
Many cooking websites make you scroll through all their blurb before getting to the recipe, I’m not going to do that so here we are –
No Bake Brownies
Makes 16 brownies, each of 1.5 sq. inch . You will need –
Walnuts: 3 cups / 125 g
Dates, pitted (remove the seeds): 16
Cocoa powder (100% will be better): 1.5 cup / 130g
Rock Salt: ½ tsp
Water: 1 tsp
Vanilla essence: ½ tsp
Dry grated coconut: ½ cup / 50 g
My method –
Throw it all in the food processor, except coconut and lovingly blast until dough like then follow instructions from 4
– 6 below.
The more refined method –
- Finely grind the walnuts in a food processor/blender.
- Add salt, dates and mix until it starts to stick together.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla and water. It should now be mixed and dough-like.
- Place on a flat plate/baking tray and press down to a 1.5inch thickness.
- Sprinkle the dry grated coconut.
- Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Slice into 1.5 in
ch thick squares